Thursday, July 17, 2008

LOOK what I ALMOST did!!!!

OH NO - at first you might not see the HUGE mistake here.....but if you're up on your SU stamp sets you'll catch it. I was making the cards in this picture for a demo swap (yes - I KNOW - I should be working on convention swaps) and I have no idea why...but I looked in the catalog because of that little "feeling" that kept nipping at my heels, it finally flourished -THE DARN BACKGROUND STAMP IS RETIRED!!!! HOLY COW! I have to giggle a little bit - I immediately thought "I almost pulled a LYNN!" Lynn I know you're laughing about this!!!! LOL I hope so - because I want you to laugh....Lynn was horrified when she participated in a swap and unknown to her - one of the stamps she used was retired!

WELL - if you look a little further, I did save myself! Changed the background and got the swap cards done! This was my original card and I do like it best!



































Then I used one of my favorite wheels for the background and this is what I finished with:

















Ingredients
Stamps: Owl Together; Dots are Hot; Whimsy Wheel
Cardstock: Creamy Caramel; Whisper White; Tempting Turquoise
Ink: Brocade Blue; Tempting Turquoise; Chocolate Chip
Accessories: Round Tab Punch; Turquoise Ribbon; Metallic Eyelets; Crop-A-Dile; Watercolor Crayons; Aqua Painters


















Just a funny.....out cat (Gus) has taken a likin' to a basket sitting on my "junk" table in the basement - just had to get a photo!
















Thanks for looking!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gus is precious - kitties sure do like baskets and boxes. Thanks for taking the picture.