Thursday, March 26, 2009

Aloha - Day Four

I didn't have a lot of excitement today....I spent it just lounging around.  Steve went golfing with a bunch of guys - so I was on my own.  My first stop was the breakfast buffet!  I gorged myself on fresh fruit, pancakes, bacon and pastries!  This is a picture of the dining room...you can sit right next to one of the many streams that run through the resort and watch the fish while you eat.

101_0886 

You ever have one of these bad hair days?  I do - but I'm glad it isn't every day!!!

101_0895

These birds live on little islands throughout the resort.  They must be afraid of water, because they don't ever leave their area.

101_0894

After breakfast - I headed to the Kings' Shops for a little window shopping....even that was expensive - LOL!  I found a pair of cute little leather sandals, tried them on - like them - until I turned them over and they were $144....then I put them back and continued on..... When I was done with the "shopping" - I headed back to the resort and laid by the pool for a while....such an exhausting day! LOL

101_0889

Here is the torch runner guy....this photo is for those of you with an appreciation for a nice body (like myself) - this guy doesn't have an ounce of fat on him.  He runs the entire resort every evening with a torch and lights all the Tiki Torches - leaping over the little chain guards like a gazelle!  It is truly an enjoyable site!!!!  And he blows on one of those big sea shells - it's almost like the noon bell in Menasha!  I should suggest to our Mayor that we have a hot guy like this run around the city to announce that bell!

101_0932

101_0933

101_0934 

Here's our little presents for the day!  The Sarong is a Hawaiian tradition and that was delivered to my room from SU!  Then I went to spin the Prize Wheel and won the Designer Hardware - I was VERY excited - I didn't have this one yet!!!!  Last but not least - I got this Decor Elements - Stampin' Up! Island Girl!!!!  They also gave everyone a NEW pack of Designer Series Paper - I go the one called Flock Together!

101_1009

After such an exhausting day - we made reservations at the Plantation restaurant for dinner.  Started that off with a Pina Colada for myself and a Mai Tai for Steve.  He mentioned this morning that you have to watch those Mai Tai's  cuz they'll knock you on your butt...I did notice that!

101_0965

I finally got my Lobster!!!!!!  Dinner was a lean $177...probably because they had to fly that lobster in from Maine...and with the price of airline tickets these days......

101_0966

Another breathtaking sunset to cap off the evening!

101_0962

I LOVE this time zone....it's right up my alley!  I was up until midnight (Hawaii time) - which is 5 am at home....and didn't rise this morning until 7:30 (Hawaii time) - 12:30 there...I LOVE this!!!!

Watch later today for some pictures from the SU Share last night.  A bunch of demonstrators bring GREAT projects to share with everyone - we gather in a room and take pictures and watch demonstrations....it's super fun!

No comments: