Wednesday, January 23, 2008

January Scrapbook Pages!!!

Here are the pages my scrapbooking group made for our January class!!! The strip of soft sky that runs across both pages is where the photos should be placed. It is meant for vertical photos....now for me this would be a problem! I don't take many of those...and I wanted this page to be a theme - a bunch of photos of the same event. I get my photos printed at Walgreens - I just download them to my computer from my camera and upload them to the Walgreens Photo website. It's SUPER user-friendly. On their website - I can crop my photos - which allowed me to make them all vertical! PROBLEM SOLVED!!!!! Walgreens Photo is great....my photos are usually ready for pick up in 20 minutes!!!!
Stamps: Priceless; So Swirly Jumbo Wheel
Ink: Blue Bayou
Cardstock: Blue Bayou; Soft Sky; Whisper White
Accessories: 1 3/8" Circle Punch; Scallop Punch; Jumbo Eyelets; Rhinestone Brads; Dimensionals; Crop-A-Dile
The background pages are Blue Bayou. I took a piece of 12" x 12" Soft Sky cardstock and cut it in half so I would have 2 pieces 6" x 12" - that is what I used for the photo layer. I then cut strips of Blue Bayou for my journaling and stamped the little flower on some of them from the Priceless stamp set. My scallop layers flowers are raised up with dimensionals.
The white strips were stamped with the Swirly Jumbo wheel and a Blue Bayou ink cartridge. They are 12" x 1" and 3"x 1" - two of each. We inserted the Jumbo Eyelets with the FABULOUS Crop-A-Dile!!!
On my finished product....I finally got to try out the NEW Rub-Ons!!! This is a close-up of the Rub-On I chose for my page:
RUB-ON'S:
I have never used Rub-On's before.....but I've been getting some feedback from my customers about how the rub-on's from the stores are kind of cranky to use...they don't rub-on very well and most of them tear....... Stampin' Up's new Rub-On's are of SUPERIOR quality - I didn't have any of that nonsense going on at all!!!! They were simple and I LOVE the elegant look they give to my page!
You can use these on just about anything! Cell phones, buttons, ribbon, glass coffee mugs (not sure about putting them through the dishwasher...), plastic - ANYTHING!
Below is the finished product....that's my baby (yea...I know...she's 13!) with her new snowboard! She's getting really good with it - at her last adventure at Nordic Mountain a couple weeks ago she came home saying she was "getting some serious air" going over the jumps!!! We have double checked that our health insurance is in GOOD standing!!! LOL
NOW - I have to go get my butt stamping - need more money to pay for those expensive lift tickets!!!!
P.S. It's below zero, temperature wise, here today and for the last several days. My dungeon of a basement serves as my "stampin' paradise." I have mulitple layers of clothing on to prepare me for this adventure today....long johns, wool socks, heavy slippers. The dungeon has no heat source....wish me well!

No comments: