Saturday, January 26, 2008

Havin' a BLAST!

I've been having a blast with my Sale-A-Bration stamp sets!!!! Today was a VERY productive day for me....even if I did have to get up at 6:45 on a Saturday - ARHGHhhhhhhhhh. Big basketball tournament this weekend...unfortunately, we lost both games, but the girls gave it their best....and my kid got hurt.... alot...huge rug burn all the way up the side of her calf and another one that's still swollen on the same knee and another one on the other knee...that one's not as bad. YES - I did say rug burn! We played at a small parochial school and their gym doubles as their church service area.....so the entire gym floor is carpeted!!!! It's terrible. My darling daughter also hit the floor and smacked the back of her head REALLY REALLY HARD! She's a brutal player. After all that, my hubby says "this is the 3rd time she's been crying on this court.....THAT'S WHY YOU DON'T PLAY BASKETBALL IN THE LIVING ROOM!!!!" Isn't he funny??? We were at this school last week for a regular game and she smacked her head that time too....maybe she's confusing this basketball thing with wrestling...or maybe it's the concussion??? NO - just messin' with you! By the way....she's not a cry baby....I've seen her get kicked in the mouth during a soccer game and she's taken a knee to the stomach too...without tears....she's a tough kid. That's why I knew all three of these times is was REALLY REALLY bad. Ok - off track.....

Back to business......I can't share everything with you that I made tonight...not enough time....it's 1:55 in the morning and remember I HAD TO GET UP EARLY TODAY!!!! And I don't want to spoil the element of surprise for my Stamp-A-Stackers....but I will share this card with you:
This is made with the Sale-A-Bration stamp set - Birthday Whimsy!!! I stamped the balloons with Craft Inks (Lovely Lilac, Tempting Turquoise & Regal Rose) and embossed them with Iridescent Ice Embossing Powder - I LOVE that stuff - BLING BLING!!! I also used the Flowers for You Designer Series paper and drew the strings for the balloons with a black marker.
That's all I can give you for today! I hate to tease.....watch for my Technostamper Sketch Challenge card tomorrow!

No comments: