Thursday, June 14, 2007

Flip Book - Awesome Project!

I made this wonderful book for my daughers' teacher as an "end of the year" gift. HE absolutely LOVED it! He said his wife had sat down twice to look through it and his 2 little boys had gone through it several times too - I was so happy that a "man" was impressed with it - how cool is that?????

This book will be very special for Mr. B. This was the 1st year since 1954 that our school had a graduating class of 8th graders. They just added 7th & 8th grade a couple years ago. Being such a small school and having combined classrooms, Mr. B taught these 8th graders for 4 years - half of their school years. He knew each and everyone like the back of his hand. It was very emotional for many of us to see these kids graduating - OK - I was a mess!!! LOL Of the 8 - 8th graders, they will be going to 7 different schools in the area - I will really miss seeing them everyday when I drop my soon-to-be 8th grader off at school this fall.

Let's not forget.....credit for the book goes to Gloria's Impressionistic Stampers regional get-together in Wisconsin Rapids in March. This was the project that we made. Gloria Helmbrecht is my 2nd upline - THANKS SO MUCH!















The one that we made at the class used the Party Pieces Simply Scrappin Kit from the now retired catalog. I have my order in for some of the kits from the NEW catty - I'll be teaching a class on this priceless little beauty real soon!

I used non-SU paper for the cover here - but the one we made at the class only used 1/2 of the entire kit.


This is a view of the book from the bottom.














Back inside cover
















Inside cover:
















Inside envelopes have pictures in them.

































Back of the inserts.
















I was able to accompany the 7th & 8th graders on their class trip to Chicago. I took some fun photos of everyone and used those to fill the inside page inserts. I also got ahold of some extra yearbook photos of each individual student - put them on their own insert and had them write a sentiment to Mr. B.










I could have done so much more with this book - I was a little frustrated. We didn't get home from Chicago until 10:30 at night - I came home, downloaded my photos, started printing them on my printer dock and ran out of photo paper.....so I had to stop. The last day of school was the next day! I think it would have been so much better if I could have put more photos on the outside of the envelopes........I'll try another one soon and share it with you.

I do have a sample using the Just Delightful scrappin kit in a post from June on my blog......keep looking, you'll find it!

No comments: