Thursday, June 25, 2009

Spectacular Birthday Present!!!


I always make something really cool for my niece for her birthday - she's also my "God Child!" I was really presssed for time this year (like I'm not every other year???). I decided on a paint can - because it's so easy and I knew it wouldn't take much time. I LOVE these clear, gallon size paint cans - you can get them at Archivers...shhhhhh!
I used this adorable scrapbooking paper and then cut some of the flowers out of the scraps and used glue dots to attach them to the top half of the can that I left blank. HAD to make a matching card - don't you LOVE the silk flowers from the Pretties Kit???? I also took advantage of the Build-A-Brad in the center of the flower on the lid!
I used a Dauber and some Bashful Blue ink to color the flower on the card - it just didn't look good with a white flower - again LOVE that Pretties Kit!

What did I put in this can? I made a phone call to my sister-in-law to find out what Andrea's favorite candy was and loaded her up - I'm sure her dentist will LOVE me! I also included some cash....because every 18 year old needs a little of that - RIGHT? The SILLY STRING is always a big hit too!!!!

Here's where I really scored....she's going to UW-Eau Claire this fall and she's decorating her dorm room in the same colors that I chose for the can - HOW DID I GET SO LUCKY???? Good taste - I think!!!!

2 comments:

Staci said...

That's really gorgeous, Kelly, and a great gift idea!! One other thing I like to give Grads/college students is a first aid kit. I pack it with things that they will miss when being away from home (and stuff that is expensive), like a thermometer of your own, pain meds, and other meds too embarrassing to purchase on your own. :) That would be good in a paint can, too!

Kelly Acheson said...

That's a GREAT idea!!!! THANKS!