Sunday, December 6, 2009

My GIFT!!!!

I had so much fun yesterday.....I stamped from 11 am until the wee hours of the late night morning!!!! My daughter was at a wedding and my hubby isn't feeling good - so he laid in the living room watching football all day....me...I just buried myself in rubbah BLISS!!!! I know - I have some issues...probably the StazOn sniffing - LOL!

Anyways....I purchased this bulletin board decor from a local wholesaler for $7.95! I know - right!!!! It's nice just as it is...BUT that's not what I bought it for....`


I decided that the pale green color was not what I needed for my idea....so I got out one of the 400+ bottles of acrylic paint that I own (yes - I used to do decorative painting...so I have 400+ different colors of paint - LOL!). I just daubed the paint on with a foam brush...looks kind of rustic that way.



AND DRUMROLL PLEASE.......................................


here's my end result!


How stinkin' cute is this????





Here's a close up of the Merry & Bright Rub-On that I used in the top right corner...I thought it was a very fitting phrase.

Now - I have to give credit to Gina Dygert - it's her design - she made the snowman layout and framed it. You know you can take any cardfront and adjust it to the size of a picture frame....makes a GREAT handmade gift - inexpensive too!



Here are the Merry & Bright Rub-Ons from the Holiday Mini catalog. These are only available until January 4th. They come with 2 sheets - one in silver and the other in white. I love these - they are very high quality and easy to apply.


Merry & Bright Rub-Ons Item #116801 $10.95
This is the stamp set that I used - I just love this one! It's the Snow Buddies stamp set from the Holiday Mini catalog - it is a Level 2 Hostess set.

Here's the idea with my gift....I put some cardboard on the back (from the DSP pack) and then some self-adhesive velcro. I'm thinking - if I get time - I will make one for Spring, Summer & Fall too and my gift recipient can change the pictures out for each season....HOW COOL IS THAT?????!!!!!

I'll make sure I show you what I come up with if I get time to make them!

Thanks for stopping by......


2 comments:

Carole Davids said...

Love this! You should add a pocket to the back to store the extra toppers. I will have to see if we have these in my area. Super cute gift idea! Thanks for sharing.

Elizabeth said...

I just love this idea! I'll definitely have to keep my eyes open for something like this to alter. TFS!