Thursday, March 20, 2008

Demo Gathering!!!

WOW - I hosted a demonstrator shoebox swap tonight - we had a GREAT time!!!!! Thanks to all who attended. Once I downloaded my pictures - I realized that I didn't get any pic's of all the people! I need to put someone else in charge of the camera next time - DARN IT!

To add a little MORE fun to the evening, I asked everyone to bring something that they would give to their workshop hostesses as a gift or make as a doorprize. Here are some photos of the hostess gifts/door prizes that each demo brought.






I can't give credit to each person for their items (because I don't know who all these belonged to) and some of my pictures were blurry so I don't have all the items either...not using my own camera tonight...but I'll give a few details....
This little jewel is a mini scrapbook album. It has several 6x6 page protectors inside to make a scrapbook album....these are GREAT for a trip or family outting or just a fun day at the park.














I don't really know what I was trying to accomplish with this picture - maybe it was an "opps" but I did get a little bit of several items. The altered can and the gift box were very pretty. And I got half of the wall hanging photo holder - it's the round hot pink and lime green thing. Rachael used rub-ons to embellish it - she said it was from Target and it's made out of a leather feeling type plastic. What a GREAT way to show how COOL our rub-0ns are!





















Julie A made this box with an entire set of matching cards inside! This is one of Andrea Walfords' class projects that she offers. Love the use of the designer paper!





















I didn't get to look inside this one....but I'm pretty sure it's an altered journal. LOVE the colors and the use of this stamp set. What a wonderful gift!


















How adorable is this????? Cathy M made this little beauty....it's a JUMBO Acco Fastener, covered with designer paper and adorned with the chick and egg from the Good Egg stamp set. You can use this to hold a note or put a photo in it.











































I asked everyone to bring projects that they had made for stamping events, etc. to share ideas. I'm not sure who brought this altered clipboard - but it sure was pretty!





And here's my contribution....this is a DVD tin. I ordered them from a company...can't think of the name right now. I covered the front with the Western Sky Designer Paper and the scallop punch is stamped with a stamp from the WANTED stamp set. LOVE that Jumbo Eyelet in the middle! Those are so fun! I used the 3/16" corner rounder to punch those corners - it was a perfect fit.

And here's what's inside of the tin!!!! A mini legal pad, matching pen and a bookmark. The mini legal pad had to be cut down about 1" to fit inside the case. I took it to a local printing store - they cut about 25 of them for $3.00 - total, not each.

I'll try and get some time to load some of the cards we made tonight in the next day or two. Thanks for looking!

No comments: